Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hiatus No More

Whew. It has been a little over two months since I've posted. How time flies.

I left you in the middle of NaNoWriMo with the serious appeal to anyone within reaching distance to smack me if I stopped writing which, sadly, no one followed through on. As a result (or because of my own undoing...), I haven't written. And I hate it! I won't monotonously bullet point or cruise you through my past few months - they were anything but boring, to say the least, and I owe them the justice of a real post - but this is my new promise to start posting once a week. I'm back in Cincinnati for the foreseeable future, so while I'm anchored down, I may as well let my mind and fingers wander for as long as the rest of me can't.

Maybe it's because I just watched the first season of Girls last night and am feeling inspired/terrified, because I'm so sick of writing boring cover letter after cover letter with no call backs, or because I miss writing for the pure joy that it brings me, but I have to get back to writing.

Here's to a year of doing, of making things happen, of staying busy, and most of all being happy. Here's to a year of life still getting in the way and making the commitment to write through it anyway. I have no excuse for my silent keyboard, and it's time I make some noise.

I know I've said it before, and I feel a bit like How I Met Your Mother's character Marshall with his sweeping declarations, but I'll see you all back here in a few days. Bear with me, and come along for the ride.

Here and there (and by that I mean my mind this time),
Kiley

2 comments:

  1. Kiley, I just wanted to let you know a few things... 1) I'm creeping all over your blog, 2) I love your writing, and 3) I can't wait til you're a famous, published author, and I can read all of your books and then fan-girl at one of your book signings. (jk about the fan-girl part... sort of). :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Surb!! I would be honored to have a fan-girl like yourself :) All the more motivation to get more writing done and get it out there!

    ReplyDelete